Central Macomb Optimist Club
THE CENTRAL MACOMB OPTIMIST CLUB IS A BUSY CLUB AND SPENDS EACH YEAR
HELPING THOSE LESS FORTUNATE THAN US.
BELOW ARE JUST A FEW EXAMPLES OF THE GREAT THINGS OUR CLUB DID IN 2023!
- We added six new amazing members! Kathy Farnum, Josey Filka, Jonathan Furest, Nancy
Kiger, Tammy Lefevre, Stephanie Moran, Erwin Wroblewski!!!
- For the 16th year in a row, we took 150 needy children shopping for school clothes in August in
partnership with the Macomb Charitable Foundation and the Macomb County Sheriff’s
- Our club put together an incredible event featuring Dueling Pianos to raise the funds for our
Shop with the Sheriff event.
- We raised over $5000 from our 4th annual Yeti cooler raffle for our Childhood Health & Wellness
- We held another successful January 2023 lottery raffle to support our Shop with the Sheriff
- We are nearing the 21,000 mark for Beanie Babies that we have donated to various charity
groups throughout the county.
- We were proud to support the St. Peter Charity Garden as they look to install a new water
- We supported Troop 1407 and Troop 209 leadership academy attendees.
- We adopted a family with 6 children for Christmas along with the family’s needs.
- We adopted a military family for Christmas
- We adopted a survivor at Turning Point for Christmas that left an abusive situation with only
the clothes on her back.
- A fellowship event baseball game was held at the Jimmy John’s field.
- Our members helped wrap Christmas gifts for foster children at Big Family of Michigan. Big
Family sponsored Christmas for over 2000 foster children.
- We made 120 Fleece blankets for Fleece & Thank You and 65 additional blankets for children
that were admitted to the hospitals in Michigan.
- We donated filled stockings for the children supported by Macomb Foster Closet.
- Two mitten trees helped support Big Family of Michigan, Macomb Foster Closet and an underserved school.
- Many members attended Wreaths Across America and laid wreaths on the graves of veterans.
- Held our annual Christmas Auction to support our Christmas shopping for those in need.
- We donated over $500 in board games and children’s card games, in partnership with
Cornerstone Community Credit Union that will be donated to the pediatric units in our local
- Donated birthday gifts to Champ Life foster kid’s camp and provided several members that
attended the camp and helped put together the birthday party for 100 foster children.
- Held a Wines for Humanity fundraiser and used the funds raised to sponsor our survivor
through Turning Point.
- The CMOC donated $1000 to support two children attending Champ Life Camp and several
members worked at the Champ Life birthday party.
- Club members donated one morning every week to tutor children from Schwarzkoff Elementary
School with their reading.
- Several members took time out of their busy day to read books to the students at Schwarzkoff
Elementary School during March Reading Month.
- Donated $1000 to Macomb Foster Closet to help support their efforts to move into a new