Central Macomb Optimist Club
THE CENTRAL MACOMB OPTIMIST CLUB IS A BUSY CLUB AND SPENDS EACH YEAR
HELPING THOSE LESS FORTUNATE THAN US.
BELOW ARE JUST A FEW EXAMPLES OF THE GREAT THINGS OUR CLUB DID IN 2022!
- We took 150 needy children shopping for school clothes in August in partnership with the Macomb Charitable Foundation and the Macomb County Sheriff’s Department.
- Held a July Road Rally raising money for Shop with the Sheriff.
- We raised over $6000 from our 3rd annual Yeti cooler raffle for our Childhood Health & Wellness initiatives.
- We held another successful January 2022 lottery raffle
- We were proud to support the St. Peter Charity Garden with 3 new garden boxes.
- We donated to Troop 1407 and Troop 209 leadership academy attendees.
- We donated Kroger gift cards to 3 families to ensure they had a Thanksgiving dinner.
- We adopted a family with 6 children for Christmas along with the family’s needs.
- We adopted a military family for Christmas
- We adopted a survivor at Turning Point for Christmas that left her abusive situation with only the clothes on her back.
- Our members helped wrap Christmas gifts for foster children at Big Family of Michigan. Big Family sponsored Christmas for over 2000 foster children.
- We made 120 Fleece blankets for Fleece & Thank You for children that were admitted to the hospital.
- We donated 4 filled stockings for the children supported by Macomb Foster Closet.
- Two mitten trees helped support Big Family of Michigan, Macomb Foster Closet and an under-served school.